Last week at Silverstone the Michelin Ginetta G50 Championship had its latest meeting at Silverstone, supporting the British Touring Championship, and Nathan Freke managed to win all 3 races.

As Nathan commented “Knowing Silverstone well I was full of confidence going into the weekend – Friday testing went well, quickest in both sessions and the car seemed to be dialled in great.” On Saturday morning the single qualifying session was held and the fastest three times counted for the grid positions for the three races over the weekend. After Qualifying Nathan said “Qualifying was very tight, putting it on pole by only 0.05s was closer than I would have liked but was still happy with the result!” The weather on the Saturday was bright and the crowds had the added attraction of the Air show, which included at the end of the day a fly past by a Vulcan bomber. For the first race on Saturday championship contender Frank Wrathall pushed Nathan hard for most of the race, but he held on to win. On the Sunday’s 1st race again Wrathall pushed Nathan really hard but this time he managed to pull a small gap by the end of the race and so get to the chequered flag with a comfortable lead. As the Sunday races are covered live by ITV4 this meant an interview with ITV’s Louise Goodman before the trip to the podium truck and the awards of the trophies and champagne. The final race later on Sunday was held after there had been a brief shower so all the teams were leaving their tyre choice until the last minute, but with a dry line appearing and the track drying the correct decision of slick tyres was made. This time Nathan started in 2nd place behind Wrathall and had a great battle until he managed to get past on the National straight and then held this lead until the chequered flag. After the races Nathan commented “The races went pretty much went to plan, though the first 2 races were very tough with Frank Wrathall pushing me very hard so I had to drive a tight race and not make any mistakes, thankfully it worked and I got 3 great wins. The third race was all a bit of a panic with tyre choice being a big decision! I started on grid in 2nd place and so Wrathall got away in the lead but I could see that I had a quicker car than him. I waited for the race to settle then made my move… once in front I knew I had the pace to get away and went on to win by a decent margin.” “The weekend was sublime and couldn’t have gone better from a points perspective! Looking forward to Rockingham in 3 weeks (Sep 19/20)!!